Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, December 19, 2016, 11:45pm
- Facilitate field trips by providing experiential environmental programs that promote conservation, sustainability, and a general understanding of scientific principles.
- Coordinate logistics while on field trips to ensure smooth operations (prepare student meals, coordinate with location representative, keep timely schedule).
- Ensure the health and well-being of all participants on field trips.
- Communicate with schools and vendors to ensure all trips are booked.
- Engage with students and adults, ranging in age from 8 years old and above, in a way that connects them with a greater understanding of the natural environment around them.
Experience and Education:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience teaching in an informal or formal setting is preferred but not required.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Demonstrates a strong interest and/or experience in education, environmental education, and environmental conservation.
- Enthusiastic, open-minded, creative, flexible, adaptable, patient, self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Skills in handling canoes/kayaks and swimming/snorkeling for long periods of time.
- Enjoys working with children of all ages and learning abilities.
- Comfortable interacting with the general public and speaking in front of large groups of people.
- Able to function in a professional environment, demonstrating responsibility, creative problem solving and excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe software.
- Be comfortable working outdoors and in adverse conditions (heat, rain, cold, etc.).
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel on day and overnight field experiences.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- CPR & First Aid and Lifeguard certification will be required.
- Lifting and/or moving an object up to 50 pounds is occasionally required in this position.