Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Fellowship
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, January 16, 2017, 12:00pm
Environmental Education Fellows will work to meet the School’s goals for its environmental education program. In addition to direct instruction both in the classroom and outdoors, fellows will:
- Work with PMSS staff to support the mission of Pine Mountain and provide a safe, fun learning environment for our participants
- Maintain open and consistent lines of communication with education director
- Participate in education and safety trainings
- Maintain classrooms and teaching materials. This includes helping with the care of classroom animals
- Assist with leadership on at least three adult weekend workshops
- Assist with development new curriculum and upcoming community programs and workshops
- Light trail work as needed
- Participate in weekly department meetings
- Provide quality customer service to all PMSS visitors
- Other duties as assigned
Completion of bachelor’s degree; one year of experience teaching in a format or non-formal setting; ability to hike on moderately steep trails and in variable weather; WFA and CPR certification or ability to obtain certification upon hiring; must be able to lift at least 20 pounds; must be able to pass Kentucky State Police Background Check
One year experience in education, environmental education, outdoor recreation, or related field; degree in biology, education, environmental studies, or related field; experience facilitating outdoor experiences for both children and adults
Fellows will receive a $1,000 per month stipend and are provided housing and most meals.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Susan Brown at email@example.com by January 16, 2017.