Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Instructor (AmeriCorps Member)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 5:00pm
Foothills Learning Center - PCEI AmeriCorps Member
Essential Job Functions:
- Educate multi-age audiences through lessons, community programs and presentations.
- Develop new curriculum; modify and improve existing lessons; tailor lessons and presentations to different audiences
- Represent FLC at Community Outreach Events
- Assist in supervision and training of volunteers
- Organize and lead summer camps and special programs.
- Perform some administrative duties related to scheduling and program delivery
- Positively and courteously respond to phone and in-person inquiries.
- Develop and lead service learning and habitat restoration projects with a variety of group types
- 18 years of age or older, at beginning of service term.
- U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent, or commit to earning one prior to receiving award.
- Ability to commit to the full term of service for which they are applying.
- Must successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check provided through PCEI.
- Complete and submit all necessary PCEI AmeriCorps paperwork and reports in a timely manner
- Attend and complete all PCEI AmeriCorps training and service requirements including orientation, trainings, team meetings and national service days
- Wear PCEI uniform and/or appropriate identifiers and required safety gear while performing service or attending official events
- A cooperative manner and the ability to serve as part of a diverse team.
- Regular and reliable attendance and dependability.
- Maintain a flexible schedule
- Minimum one-year experience teaching to children; interest in and enthusiasm for working with youth and adults
- Knowledge of general computer programs and equipment
- Experience with environmental education, or STEM content knowledge preferred.
- Ability to communicate with clarity and conciseness to individuals and groups; Convey respect, assistance, and resourcefulness, in a friendly manner
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously
- Communicate effectively in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations
- Perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor and/or manager with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- All applicants must be able to successfully pass City of Boise background check processes which include reference checks and criminal history checks.
- City of Boise Defensive driver training. Member will need to be able to drive a City vehicle.
- Member will be required to complete a First Aid and CPR certification course
Position Start Date:
Monday, February 19, 2018
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and complete an employment application via the AmeriCorps job site here:
- A taxable, monthly living allowance of $6,325.00 paid over the term of service (5 and a 1/2 months)
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, eligible members receive an education award of $2887.50 The education award can be used to repay qualified student loans or for further education in an accredited institution of higher learning, vocational or trade schools.
- Loan forbearance (after successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps will pay the accrued interest on qualified loans, which is taxable.)
- Basic medical insurance for those who qualify. Part-time members not working in a full-time capacity (40 hours/week) do not qualify.
- Childcare allowance for those who qualify.
- Professional development, trainings and networking opportunities.
- Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals and conduct all activities in full accessible settings.
- Access to City of Boise ILearn online training programs; sample training topics include social media; child abuse and neglect and reporting requirements; workplace safety, etc.