Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Intern
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, June 9, 2018, 8:00am
2 positions June 12 – August 17
- Willingness to learn and teach in the classroom and various outdoor settings.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of ages and backgrounds.
- Current student in natural resources, biology, education or related fields.
- First Aid/CPR certification through internship term. (Lifeguard certification a plus!)
- Willingness to work variety of shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Willingness to drive a 15-passenger van with canoe trailer.
- TFT staff willing to work with you to gain internship credits through your school.
- On-site living in a dorm with lounge and most meals served and provided by our food service staff.
- One-on-one training and professional development opportunities, at least 7 hours!
- Gain experience in effective hands-on teaching techniques from our professional staff.
- Valuable teaching experience under the direction of professional teaching staff.
- Opportunity to create and evaluate own lesson plan under the mentorship of a professional educator.
- Experience in animal care and handling.
- Networking opportunities with local resource professionals.
- Making new friends and lifelong memories while living in the Northwoods!
- A $900 scholarship will be awarded interns at the end of the summer.
How to Apply:
Questions or To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and include at least 2 reference letters to:
Melissa Friel, Education Manager
OR mail to: Melissa Perry, Trees For Tomorrow, PO Box 609, Eagle River WI 54521
Positions are open until filled!