Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Intern
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Assist in developing lessons for the TreeWise Summer Youth Education program.
- Assist in managing program registration and daily logistics.
- Contact summer youth organizations and established camps to schedule TreeWise sessions.
- Assist in teching outdoor lessons about trees and the benefits they provide to the urban environment.
- Travel across metropolitan Washington, D.C. to different youth organizations.
- Conduct daily reviews of the TreeWise program and assess student evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a passion for the environment and teaching youth.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic; good sense of humor appreciated.
- Must love working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrated interest in Casey Trees’ mission.
- Excellent time management and promptness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or some college education preferred.
- Hiring contingent on Background Check.
Preferred start date is April 17, 2017. End date is August 11, 2017.
Position Start Date:
Monday, April 17, 2017
How to Apply:
Please email the following items to Lauren Meyer, Youth Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com:
- Letter of interest
- Availability including start date
- Contact information for three references
Enter position title only into email subject line.
Applications are accepted until position is filled.
Pay is $13.00 per hour, 30-40 hrs/wk.