Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 23, 2017, 5:00pm
- Undergraduate degree in environmental education, environmental science, or similar degree.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR valid through May 31, 2018
- Working knowledge of MS office programs on a PC (not a Mac)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Criminal background check and drug screening required before employment
- Must be able to commit to the entire time period: August 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018
- Work week is Tuesday through Saturday, with additional work on evenings and Mondays
- Assist with and support summer camp activities
- Teach daily school curriculum-based field trips for local school students, grades pre-K through 8 from September to May
- Provide guided interpretation during Outpost Tours (boat tours) for the general public and group tours
- Participate in outreach programs to local schools, libraries and organizations throughout the year
- Develop and teach public programs
- Provide project management (planning and implementation) on assigned projects
- Assist with event planning and implementation on assigned events
- Learn local flora and fauna in order to support a wide range of nature science programs
- MUCH MORE!
- Paid group medical plan coverage beginning 10/1/2017
- Reimbursement for local travel
Job type: Full-time temporary, duration 8/1/17 – 5/31/18
Salary Detail: $12/per hour
Deadline: June 23, 2017
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume, three references, and a letter of character and integrity from someone who has known you for at least two years to Jennifer Barroeta at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Environmental Education Intern in the subject line.