Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Intern
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Provides public information and informal environmental education to visitors at Northwest Park and Nature Center, a 473-acre municipal park in Windsor, CT. Gains experience in a variety of program delivery techniques for different audiences. Assists with general daily operations and customer service in the nature center.
- Interacts with the public in the Exhibit Hall. May do live demonstrations.
- Assists Environmental Educators with program development and delivery.
- Assists the Park Manager on specified projects with indoor or outdoor interpretive exhibits and audience development. Completes a capstone project to improve visitor experience at the Park.
- Monitor weekend use of rental facilities and provide friendly “value added” interactions.
- May provide assistance with animal care in the Nature Center and the barn animals.
- Answers customer questions in person and over the telephone.
- Completes sales in the gift shop.
- Applicants should have completed one year of study in environmental education, biology, natural science or a related field, and have a strong interest in natural history and teaching.
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in a college or university, or recent graduates.
Schedule and Compensation (8 weeks):
- Work Week: Wednesday through Sunday 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 1 hour unpaid lunch
- Work Dates: Wednesday, June 21 to Sunday, August 13, 2017
- Compensation: $10.10 – 11.50/hr.
- Onsite housing is available
How to Apply:
Position open until filled. Apply online: http://www.townofwindsorct.com/humanresources/vacancies.php