Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Intern
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Eco-Leadership for Sustainable Development program is PLT’s way of creating long-lasting, self-propelled change through environmental stewardship in Paraguay. Located in Pilar, the city of birds, our education program is based out of PLT’s education and science community-center. Throughout the week, we host a myriad of different activities that are still developing alongside our community’s needs. This means that no two days of your stay will be the same.
Our volunteers and interns are the heroes of our program. With their help, our small team make a positive impact on hundreds of children every year. This program offers a great opportunity to set yourself apart, proving you are driven to make a difference in the world.
We are looking for hard-working intelligent interns who can stay for at least 3 months to help kick start our newest Eco-Club Initiative.
Responsibilities will include:
- - Planning lessons, games, and activities aimed at children aged 7-16
- - Contributing to the overall design of the curriculum
- - Managing our Eco-Cinema program
- - Leading activities, assisting in lessons, and chaperoning groups on excursions
- - Cleaning up and organizing materials before and after events
- - Serving as an ambassador for the PLT Eco-Club during all external events
- - Interacting with Paraguayan children in a variety of settings (1-on-1, as a teacher in front of a class, as a tutor or assistant to small groups, as a group leader, etc).
Requirements for an internship:
- - Proficient Spanish (ability to communicate)
- - Experience in education or camp counselling
- - 19 years of age or older
- - (preferred) Experience working in developing countries.
How to Apply:
For more information or to apply, please email your CV to Karina Atkinson at email@example.com
Intern must pay room and board during their time at PLT (~US$875 per month).