Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Outreach Specialist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Successrul candidate will support the Partnerships and Community Engagement branch of the NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office (NCBO). Duties include:
* Providing communications and outreach support for the Environmental Science Training Center (ESTC), including managing workshop logistics, creating and maintaining online learning programs, and infusing NOAA science related to the Habitat Focus Area into the programs of partners on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
* Assisting the Education Coordinator in the planning, development, and implementation of a strategic portfolio for ESTC programming, and surveying participants to ensure that NOAA is meeting the needs of their target audiences.
* Coordinating advertising and registration for workshops to include logistics and planning and organization of materials and presentations, and ensuring availability of all workshop materials and presentations on the NCBO website.
* Developing and implementing multi-media online learning modules to further the learning for ESTC participants, NOAA B-WET grantees, and other educators.
* Working with school districts and other partners on Maryland's Eastern Shore to infuse learning about NOAA's Choptank Habitat Focus Area into local programming.
2 years of experience with environmental education and outreach. Must have experience developing and implementing professional development programs for educators; with content management systems for the web; and with developing written and/or multi-media content for formal education audiences. Requires a technical understanding of the ecology, challenges/issues, and conservation efforts centered on Chesapeake Bay watershed through either formal education programs or work experience. Must have the ability to develop descriptive and interpretive materials on NOAA related content for education audiences and have excellent organizational, writing, and editing skills.
Experience with Drupal and/or Moodle content management system and in applying the Next Generation Science Standards to education programming.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
Cover Letter Required
BS in communications, public relations, media, environmental studies, related discipline, or equivalent.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position visit the ERT Job Description and click on the Apply for this Position button on the bottom of the page.