Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Part-Time Naturalist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, February 6, 2017, 5:00pm
Website:Environmental Education Part-Time Naturalist
- College student or college graduate
- Experience teaching or working with children in an outdoor setting
- Background in environmental education, natural history, education or camps
- Willingness to handle non-releasable wildlife
- Current tetanus shot or willingness to obtain one
- Ability to work early mornings during the week for outreaches
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to work outdoors
- Must be able to lift over 40lbs.
- Maturity, dependability, and flexibility
- Provide environmental education programs (Pre-K to Adults) for school groups, scouts, birthday parties, and the general public on and off-site
- Provide educational programming for general visitors as well as handle any grounds issues on the weekend
- Teach overnight and evening programs on nocturnal animals for mixed age groups including adults.
- Handling non-releasable wildlife used in programs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by department managers and director
- Participate in all required center-wide activities
Position Start Date:
Monday, February 13, 2017
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Chattahoochee Nature Center c/o Tom Howick, Director of Education, P.O. Box 769769, Roswell GA 30076 or to email@example.com. If emailing, include job title in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Cover Letter and Resume must be turned in by February 6, 2017.