Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 5, 2017, 5:00pm
General Job Description:
The Frost Valley School Programs department strives to provide opportunities for personal and social growth as well as direct student engagement with the outdoors. Frost Valley is seeking a person with strong leadership, organization and communication skills to join the School Programs department leadership team. The School Programs Coordinator will be expected to actively contribute to the betterment of the program, work to inspire and develop our team of Program Instructors and model Frost Valley’s 8 core values – Stewardship, Diversity, Inclusiveness, Respect, Community, Honesty, Caring and Responsibility. The ideal candidate will put student outcomes first, be able to think creatively, problem solve in a solutions-oriented manner and be flexible. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
The School Programs Coordinator works with the School Programs department to serve approximately 16,000 students and teachers each year. We work with a very diverse set of schools primarily from New York City, Long Island and northern New Jersey, offering you an opportunity to enrich the lives of young people throughout the school year. The Frost Valley School Programs Department strives to provide every student with an opportunity to develop stronger connections with others, deeper connections within their self and a greater connection with the natural world. The School Programs Coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of residential and day school trips. This includes the scheduling of classes, communication with teachers and administrators, coordination between FV departments and supervision/development of our team of Program Instructors.
- Coordinate School Visits – You will be the primary contact for schools before and during their stay. This includes contacting schools before the trip, creating the weekly schedule for staff and schools and ensuring the success of each school’s trip while on site and maintaining evals and records for each school.
- Direct Supervision of a team of 22-30 Program Instructors shared between the School Programs, Groups and Family Retreats and Teambuilding departments
- Participate in Program Instructor Hiring, Training and Development including Observations, Feedback, Evaluation, Trainings, Mentoring, Inspiration
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all FV support departments as related to school programs
- Overnight On Call duties
- Assist in teaching classes as needed
- Maintain Program Equipment, Program Areas and Curriculum
- Off-site presentations to school parents and teachers
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental studies, recreation or a related field or equivalent life experience
- Must be 21 years or older
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience working with large groups (over 300) preferred
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
- Possess strong leadership skills and ability to work well with a team of others
- Strong teaching skills and ability to train others how to teach
- Clean, valid U.S. Driver’s License
- CPR certification (or training will be provided)
- Be physically fit and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Brett Tillman at email@example.com
2000 Frost Valley Rd, Claryville, NY 12725