Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Specialist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
NAAEE is seeking an Environmental Education (EE) Specialist to join the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) in Washington, D.C. from June 1 – December 31, 2017 full-time, with a possibility of extension. The EE Specialist will provide administrative, research, and writing support to NAAEE staff on key projects, including the Global Environmental Education Partnership (GEEP), a network of countries interested in building worldwide capacity for environmental education and sharing environmental education best practices to achieve greater reach and impact.
This position reports to the GEEP Fellow and to the NAAEE Executive Director.
Provide research and writing support to NAAEE projects, including the GEEP:
- Help discover interesting and relevant case studies from around the world that fit with the goals of the GEEP, and help produce and edit them (see thegeep.org/case studies for examples)
- Help to write and edit country profiles that highlight key environmental education initiatives from around the world (see thegeep.org/country profiles for examples)
- Write blogs, discussions, and other outreach communications for the GEEP and NAAEE websites
- Discover and promote environmental education resources through NAAEE’s eePRO website
- Help create and edit power point presentations and other promotional pieces
- Monitor reply to the GEEP general email address
Provide administrative support to key NAAEE projects, including the GEEP:
- Help ensure all aspects of within country and international meetings and events are successfully executed and well-organized
- Assist with travel logistics, including airline and hotel reservations, and helping with visa processing where needed and reimbursement
- Assist with tracking expenses and small grant dispersements
- Assist with planning for the annual NAAEE conference (to be held in October, in Puerto Rico), including registration support and other logistical needs
- Help with general administrative tasks, as needed
Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (environmental education, international relations, communications, environmental studies, etc.) with a Master’s preferred
- Experience: At least three years of writing and/or research experience, with experience working internationally preferred
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exemplary writing and communication skills with a proven ability to transform complicated information (sometimes not easily translated into English) into easily digestible, engaging content
- Ability to work with a diversity of cultures and backgrounds, demonstrating a commitment to cultural competency, inclusion, and respect in all interactions
- Ability to travel (internationally and domestically for NAAEE’s annual conference in Puerto Rico in October) as needed
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative to help move projects forward
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to manage logistics (e.g. meetings and events) and budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented culture
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
Position Start Date:
Thursday, June 1, 2017
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Title each file with your first and last name, for example: John_Doe_CoverLetter.