Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Specialist, Sustainable Landscapes
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Design and disseminate materials - magazine articles, blogs, press releases, social media posts, mailers, web pages, advertisements, and more – on a wide range of environmental- and sustainability-related topics.
- Play a lead role in coordinating the Environmental Services Department’s communications: develop and manage calendars; liaison with the Community Relations Department, publishers and printers; edit materials for colleagues; bring forward effective, innovative messaging strategies.
- Manage Department webpages and calendar.
- Develop and implement special events and programs including, but not limited to Woodlands Landscaping Solutions, Nature Lecture Series, and Gardening Classes.
- Provide excellent customer service in support of The Township’s waste management contract as well as range of local sustainability- and conservation-related topics.
- Support planning, implementation and care of conservation and pollinator gardens in Township parks and open spaces.
- Staff educational booths at outreach events. Create new displays and activities for a wide range of audience types.
- Cultivate, train, and manage volunteers to broaden educational outreach and community involvement projects.
- Network with governmental and environmental organizations at the local, regional and national level.
- Identify outside funding sources to enhance programming. Write grant and award applications.
- Solicit bids and negotiate agreements with vendors.
- Assist Environmental Services Manager in budget development and monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Meet and maintain the requirements of the driver safety policy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Environmental Education, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Botany, Communications or related degree and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Have strong understanding of effective messaging strategies and techniques. Have excellent writing skills. Have the ability to develop impactful, innovative educational programs. Have knowledge of educational and informative presentation techniques for a variety of audiences. Knowledge of a broad range of environmental topics and issues including native plants, wildlife and sustainable landscaping practices.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Texas Master Gardener, Texas Master Naturalist and/or Urban Harvest certification preferred; Project Wild, Project Wet, Project Learning Tree and/or Beat the Baron Waste recommended.
How to Apply:
Please visit The Woodlands Township web-site to complete an online application and upload a resume.