Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Specialist, Sustainable Landscapes
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 1, 2018, 5:00pm
Coordinate the Environmental Services Department’s communications: create effective, innovative messaging strategies; liaison with The Township's Community Relations Department, designers, publishers, and printers; edit team members' work.
Design and disseminate materials - magazine articles, blogs, press releases, social media posts, mailers, web pages, advertisements, and more – on a wide range of environmental- and sustainability-related topics.
Manage Department webpages and calendar.
- Develop and implement special events and programs including, Woodlands Landscaping Solutions, Nature Lecture Series, and Organic Gardening Classes.
- Provide excellent customer service in support of The Township’s waste management contract as well as range of local sustainability- and conservation-related topics.
- Support planning, implementation and care of conservation and pollinator gardens in Township parks and open spaces.
- Staff educational booths at outreach events. Create new displays and activities for a wide range of audience types.
- Cultivate, train, and manage volunteers to broaden educational outreach and community involvement projects.
- Network with governmental and environmental organizations at the local, regional and national level.
- Identify outside funding sources to enhance programming. Write grant and award applications.
- Solicit bids and negotiate agreements with vendors.
- Assist Environmental Services Manager in budget development and monthly and quarterly reporting.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university. Background in Environmental Education, Ecology, Botany, Communications, Marketing or related degree and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Have strong understanding of effective messaging strategies and techniques. Have excellent writing skills. Have the ability to develop impactful, innovative educational programs. Have knowledge of educational and informative presentation techniques for a variety of audiences. Knowledge of a broad range of environmental topics and issues including native plants, wildlife and sustainable landscaping practices.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Texas Master Gardener, Texas Master Naturalist and/or Urban Harvest certification preferred; Project Wild, Project Wet, Project Learning Tree recommended.
How to Apply:
Please visit The Woodlands Township web-site to complete an online application and upload a resume.