Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Trip Assistant
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 30, 2018, 5:00pm
Outdoor/Environmental Education Trip Assistants accompany Logan staff members on trips in and outside of Colorado for multi-day, place-based learning experiences. Their responsibilities include supporting trip leaders in whatever capacity needed (i.e. cooking, group management, driving, etc), and thoughtfully engaging with students. Trips often include adventure elements such as camping, hiking, rafting, swimming, etc. Trips this spring are with upper elementary and middle school students.
The ideal applicant will:
· Be available during the months of April/May 2018, specifically April 10-19 and May 21-25.
· Have previous experience working with children
· Have experience and enthusiasm for group camping
· Be able to pass a background check
· Have a valid driver’s license
· Live within 60 miles of Denver
· Be physically fit enough to participate in strenuous exercise and activity including but not limited to hiking, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, etc.
Assistants will receive $100 per night plus food and lodging during the dates of the trips. This is not a benefits eligible position.
How to Apply: