Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 5:00pm
Teatown Lake Reservation, the largest privately operated, non-profit environmental education center in Westchester County, NY is seeking an Environmental Educator to work with the education team to provide environmental education programs for all ages, including school groups, public programs and adult workshops. In addition this position assists the Animal Care Supervisor in the daily care and maintenance of Teatown’s animal collection. This position requires an enthusiastic, outgoing and energetic person who will further Teatown’s mission to inspire the community to lifelong environmental stewardship. Ideal candidates should have a background in environmental education and a foundation in natural science.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate hands-on experiential learning for school groups, public programs, after school programs, and summer camp.
- Assist with the daily care, health and maintenance of the animal collection and monitor the non-living collection.
- Assist with maintenance of animal exhibits and enclosures.
- Assist with the planning and daily operation of summer camp.
- Work with the education team to deliver current programs and to develop new curricula as needed.
- Help to maintain program materials.
- Assist with educational aspects of seasonal program events.
- Perform other reasonably related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in education or environmental education
- Commitment to environmental stewardship, ecological literacy and education
- Demonstrated experience working with a diversified audience in outdoor settings
- Working knowledge of natural history of the Hudson Valley and willingness to work on expanding this knowledge
- Demonstrated experience handling and caring for a variety of animals – reptiles, amphibians, mammals, raptors, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, illustrated presentations and spreadsheets
- Position involves weekend and occasional evening hours
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Phyllis Bock, Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please. Position remains open until filled.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary consistent with the staffing of a non-profit organization and commensurate with experience and skills