Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, December 12, 2016, 10:00pm
The environmental educator will deliver in-class programs and professional development training for K-12 students and teachers in NYC and beyond, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Deliver high quality and rigorous in-class programs to NYC school students during the school year. Typical programs take place once per week, over the course of 3-6 weeks, reaching 3-4 classes each day. Educators are responsible for lesson materials prep and delivery.
- Deliver a 5 week intensive high school summer school program focused on green careers from July through mid-August
- Deliver professional development training focused on exploring climate change, electricity generation, and solar power for K-12 Educators across NYC and NYS. Some professional development workshops will also address Solar One’s Water, Food, and Materials curriculum.
- Deliver park ecology and estuary ecology field trips at our site along the East River in Manhattan, and in Stuyvesant Cove Park- a native plant park managed by Solar One.
- Collaborate with the education team on program and curriculum design
- Track and record activities delivered to schools and teachers
- Requires at least a bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of K-12 education experience working directly with students
- Experience teaching science at a middle or high school level
- Knowledge and capacity to teach about water quality, electricity, climate change, and renewable energy
- Requires 2-3 years of experience leading professional development training for teachers and working with them on lesson planning and standards alignment
- Familiarity with physics and other high school sciences is a plus
- Experience working with English Language Learners and students with different abilities is a plus
- Strong project management, organization, and planning skills, including the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Ability to be self-directed, as well as work collaboratively
How to Apply:
Solar One is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We are committed to diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status. EOE/AA/Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until filled.
Salary commensurate with experience.