Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 11, 2021, 1:00am
The Galveston Bay Foundation (GBF) seeks a part-time, bilingual Environmental Educator to assist our Environmental Education Team in delivering Environmental STEM Education programs throughout the Houston-Galveston region. GBF’s Environmental STEM Education programs provide classroom and place-based educational experiences focused on Galveston Bay to over 9,000 students and teachers each year. The objectives of the programs are to instill knowledge and appreciation of the Galveston Bay ecosystem, inspire participants to break down barriers and open themselves to new experiences, and empower students to become life-long advocates for a resilient Galveston Bay.
The selected candidate can expect to work 5-30 hours a week, depending on the time of year, in a variety of environments (classroom, field, or office). The Educator will assist with the preparation and implementation of programs, translate curriculum and communication documents to serve the needs of our communities, and may work with other GBF teams as needed. The Educator will be trained in first aid, driving with a trailer, child abuse awareness, field safety, classroom and group management, as well as specific activities and lessons for education programs.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English with the ability to translate both spoken and written word correctly
- Knowledge of coastal, environmental, and/or scientific processes
- Experience, interest, and ability working directly with students of all ages and backgrounds
- Confidence making safe, relevant changes during program delivery due to unforeseen circumstances
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills, and an outgoing personality
- Punctuality and reliability
- Desire to work with a strong team of educators
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds
- Ability to work outdoors for an average of 8 hours a day in all conditions (sun, water, mud, etc.)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of technology, Word, Excel, and other computer programs
- Knowledge of small aquarium maintenance is preferred
- If selected as a final candidate, a background check will be conducted
For a detailed job description, including qualifications, requirements, and compensation, visit www.galvbay.org/jobs.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 11, 2021.