Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 10, 2017, 12:00pm
Hours: Part-time hours (March-June 15th, September- November 15th approximately 6-29 hours/week) primarily during school hours
Under the directions of the Director of Education of Camp Y-Koda, and in accordance with the Christian principles and purpose of the Branch and the policies of the Association, the Outdoor Education/Environmental Education Instructor will be responsible for teaching high quality outdoor education programs following the curriculum provided for them. The Outdoor Education Instructor would be responsible for teaching programs to children ranging in age from 4 to 18 years of age. The programs will all have an outdoor or environmental theme to them.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Outdoor Education Instructor must possess a college degree in Environmental Education, Elementary or Secondary Education, another related field or a minimum of two years related experience. Previous experience in education and or a public relations field is preferred. A broad background in program development including group dynamics, social and physical programming is needed. The incumbent must be able to communicate well with students, school personnel, and staff in interpreting the value of outdoors-environmental education and possess knowledge of the curriculum available to the schools operating their on-site programs. The ability to communicate effectively with all community members is required. May need to speak and understand English, use vision, hearing, verbal articulation, and have the ability to choose appropriate vocabulary to communicate with children and adults of all ages and backgrounds. Lifting, pulling, pushing and dragging heavy items, such as canoes, up to 50 lbs in weight is needed.
1. Organize and teach outdoor education curriculum as assigned by the Director of Education, following a format including: goals and objectives, activity plans, budget, safety procedures, risk management techniques and equipment acquisition.
2. Present all programs in a professional and timely manner consistent with the curriculum provided.
3. Assist Director of Education in marketing and communication programs by handing out appropriate literature regarding Camp Y-Koda’s programs.
4. Serve as an educator for outdoor education groups, wetland ecology programs, adventure camps, and classroom programs.
5. Actively promote the year-round use of camp facilities for day and/or overnight group use through marketing tools such as brochures, surveys, and advertisements.
6. Be responsible for quality control of programs and use appropriate standards as quality guidelines.
7. Maintain a safe, clean and environmentally sound property.
8. Uphold and exemplify the YMCA staff code of conduct.
9. Perform all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
10. Know and follow the established financial, personnel, and business procedures for the Branch and the Sheboygan County YMCA.
11. Participate in OSHA and safety training provided by the Sheboygan County YMCA. Be aware of all emergency procedures. Follow correct procedures for handling emergencies and accidents.
12. Report all program suggestions, problems, and concerns to the supervisor and direct participants to appropriate resources.
13. Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, including, but not limited to incident reports and time cards.
14. Work in harmony with the programs offered at other Sheboygan County YMCA branches.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. Implementation of high quality outdoor education programs that enrich the lives of students and their interaction with the natural world,
2. Retention of members, schools and participants in Camp Y-Koda’s outdoor education programs.
3. Expanded awareness of the YMCA mission and its goals.
Job Type: Part-time
Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085
working with children or in natural resources: 1 year
Required license or certification:
How to Apply:
Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.