Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Christodora, a 116 year-old non-profit organization offering high-quality environmental education and leadership training to motivated New York City youth, is actively seeking a creative Environmental Educator for the Summer Ecology Program. Located in the beautiful Great Mountain Forest (GMF) of Northwest Connecticut, the Summer Ecology Program is a 17-day residential camping experience focusing on field ecology studies along with community outreach and volunteerism. Partnered with Yale Forestry School, Great Mountain Forest houses 6,000 acres of working forest, streams and ponds, all accessible to our students for research and study. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making a positive and impactful difference in the lives of urban youth through the discovery and study of our natural world.
Must be available for planning meetings (phone) to help prepare for the program experience before on-site training/preparation dates of July 5th and 6th. The Program Dates are July 7th through the 23rd. July 23rd and 24th are required for program debrief and supplies wrap-up
- Facilitate a fun, engaging, community where urban youth feel comfortable outside and inspired to learn about our natural world.
- Maintain high standards of scientific inquiry by building from an existing curriculum and designing an outline for independent research projects.
- Maintain and foster strong community relations by collaborating and engaging with community members and local partnerships.
- Work closely with the SEP Director to deliver all program activities including overnight supervision of youth in an outdoor residential setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline with the ability to co-lead a student centered and experientially focused research program.
- Successful candidates have the ability to co-lead inspiring field research for inner city high school students.
- Energetic and motivated individual with the ability to be flexible and sensitive to the diverse needs of both the program and students.
- First Aid/CPR Certification, or ability to attain prior to July 5th.
- References, background checks, and a physical are required.
How to Apply:
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with “SEP Environmental Educator” in the title. 3 References will be required.
The Summer Ecology Program Environmental Educator is a seasonal position. Stipend is negotiable based on experience.