Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, July 31, 2017, 8:30pm
NATURE'S CLASSROOM INSTITUTE is a non-profit five-day residential outdoor education organization providing innovative, multidisciplinary instruction to students in 1st through 8th grade. We are currently seeking college graduates with a strong commitment to children and the environment to join our team and teach in a supportive and energetic program that goes beyond traditional environmental education. www.discovernci.org
- Lead hands-on field studies in a variety of environments for students ages 5-15.
- Develop and strengthen your skills as a teacher and naturalist amongst other like-minded instructors in our Teacher Education Program.
- Choose lesson topics and develop engaging curriculum based upon your own personal interests and educational background. Flexibility to teach a variety of topics and teach your own curriculum or chose from a database of hundreds of NCI classes.
- Teach in a natural setting in a variety of habitats including: woodlands, prairies, wetlands, lakes, and glacial moraines.
- Facilitate teambuilding initiatives and low-ropes challenges.
- Participate in group activities that include cultural and historical simulations, character development programs, and land stewardship projects.
- Work on our prairie restoration project, on invasive species eradication projects, and on land conservation projects (Wisconsin location)
- Take the opportunity to become part of a supportive, diverse community of teachers and support staff.
- Opportunity to inspire over 3,000 students from 60 local schools from all socioeconomic backgrounds
- Bachelor's degree required. Strong commitment to children and the environment, creativity, adaptability, interest in motivational learning, community awareness, conservation of natural resources, and positive attitude. Background in Montessori philosophies and special skills such as music, storytelling, role playing, and teambuilding are helpful.
Salary: $350/week for first year instructors; room and board provided, food provided when in programming
Housing: Onsite communal living in shared housing
Hours: Typically Monday-Thursday 8AM-10PM, Friday 8AM-2PM. No overnight or weekend duties with students.
Location: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Dates: Staff contracted for 9 month school year program (summers off). A bonus will be giving to any staff that stays all 40 weeks of programming.
August 20, 2016 through June 8, 2017 (two weeks unpaid winter holiday). Option available for continued employment in higher positions.
How to Apply:
Email a resume and cover letter with why you are interested in this position to Kristen Mehl titled “Environmental Educator – (First and last name). Any questions will happily be answered via email.