Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 5:30pm
Full-time environmental educators work year round to design and deliver high-quality educational programming both on- and off-site. Candidates can expect opportunities to develop new programming for all ages through our public programs and events and help deliver well-established programs such as Nature in the City, which brings hands-on, minds-on science to over 10,000 elementary school students in the Syracuse City School District each year, and our Nature Day Camp programs which provide hundreds of children with the experience of unstructured outdoor play and nature education. This position includes a benefits package and opportunities for professional development.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Deliver environmental education programs in formal and non-formal settings, including:
- Our award-winning Nature in the City program in K-6th grades across the Syracuse City School District;
- Eight weeks of Summer Nature Day Camp and School Break Camps;
- Year-round, high-quality on-site interpretive programming for all ages that align with our organization’s mission; and
- Additional on- and off-site programming such as school field trips, library programs, and birthday parties.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of new programs.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of program materials.
- Staff the Interpretive Center on a rotating basis on Saturdays.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum four-year college degree in Interpretation, Environmental Education or related field.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, adapt to change, and to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading interpretive programs.
- Understanding of natural science themes, nature-play, and interpretation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Have reliable transportation and comfortable with commuting from Marcellus to Syracuse.
- Flexibility of hours: some evening, weekend, and holidays are required.
- Experience with exhibit design/maintenance, working with interns and volunteers, and/or program evaluation/assessment preferred.