Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, June 30, 2016, 5:00pm
Facilitate Keep Austin Beautiful’s school and afterschool education programing for elementary, middle, and high school aged youth which includes but is not limited to:
- Leading activities, presentations, and service-learning projects for Generation Zero, Clean Creek Campus, and Green Teens programs
- Developing and revising curriculum and associated materials
- Planning and coordinating service learning projects and field trips
- Serving as a direct liaison between schools and Keep Austin Beautiful
- Tracking and reporting programming numbers and other relevant data
- Creating a positive and enthusiastic learning environment
- Engaging both students and staff.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- supporting the Education Programs Coordinator on additional projects, program outreach, and curriculum development, supporting other Keep Austin Beautiful programming.
- Must be well-organized, literate in Microsoft Office software and other forms of technology, able to multi-task, work independently, lift 30 lbs. and carry multiple supplies on a daily basis.
- Experience teaching youth (K-12) about environmental awareness, outdoor education, water quality, solid waste, gardening, or other environmental topics is required
- Degree in education, environmental studies, conservation, ecology, or general science strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish with children and adults strongly preferred
- Flexible and able to work independently and in team settings
- Must have own reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a school background check
- Applicant must pass a background check and submit proof of driving record.
Hours: This is a full time position, which requires work on some nights and weekends.
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application www.surveymonkey.com/s/6SHCJ7W (required) and send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include Environmental Educator in the subject line. No phone calls, please! Deadline Friday, June 30 at 5pm – late submissions will not be considered. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. Interviews will likely be conducted in early-mid July with the position to begin in early August.