Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Educator (Secondary Schools)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, July 3, 2017, 11:30pm
Website:Clean Valley Council
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, schedule, promote, and present environmental education programs that cover topics such as litter prevention, recycling, stormwater pollution, and sustainability. Educator will primarily work with secondary school students and occasionally elementary school students.
- Present programs in schools within our service area including: Roanoke County, City of Roanoke, Botetourt County, City of Salem and the Town of Vinton. In addition, perform other educational programs and services for the community such as storm drain stenciling, litter cleanups, and other outreach activities.
- Responsible for related educational events such as displays, school fairs, student contests and activities in connection with special programs and events such as Fall Waterways Cleanup, Clean Valley Day, Earth Day, Earth Summit, Recycled Regatta, and others.
- Select, maintain, and upgrade educational programs, supplies, materials and giveaways.
- Keep thorough, detailed and accurate program records including number of programs presented, students seen, and materials distributed.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed for a variety of organization needs, public presentations and civic group meetings and perform other duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Strong desire and enthusiasm for teaching K-12th grade students about a variety of important environmental topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Teaching experience in environmental education and/or environmental sciences or related experience working with middle school and high school students.
- Knowledge of local recycling, waste reduction, and stormwater issues.
- Proficiency with computer use and all Microsoft programs (word, excel, powerpoint etc).
- Must have own transportation.
Position Start Date:
Monday, July 31, 2017
How to Apply:
Please provide an electronic submission of your resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references (name, title, address, email, and phone number). Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org in a PDF format with “CVC Environmental Educator” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. Anticipated start date is July 31, 2017.
Application Due: July 3rd, 2017
This is a 1380 hour position (46 weeks) during the contract year with flexible weekly hours averaging 30 hours/week. Salary is $23,460 annually.