Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Lead outdoor environmental education programs for youth and school groups, with a particular emphasis on local ecology, rural history, and student skill-building. Programs will be held both on-site at DeVries Nature Conservancy and occasionally off-site at schools and other venues
- Develop curricula and resources for Pre-K through 12th grade programs, ensuring that they meet state and national education standards
- Establish partnerships with area educational entities, including public and private schools, homeschool support networks, scout groups, and other educational organizations
- Oversee the maintenance and storage of program equipment, supplies and facilities
- Assist in documentation and evaluation of all programs, including participant satisfaction and program effectiveness
- Develop, lead, and/or support seasonal family-oriented programs, such as monthly public events, interpretive hikes, camps, homeschool programs, and environmental workshops
- Manage all education program promotions and registrations
- Oversee the educational animal collection and the Nature Playscape
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years of experience in the field of education, environmental sciences, natural sciences, biology, or related field
- Two years’ experience teaching/working with elementary school-aged students
- Positive and energetic role model in attitude and behavior – ability to transmit enthusiasm about nature and education
- Excellent judgement, reliability and ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with students in the outdoors, in all types of weather
- Ability to work effectively with DeVries Nature Conservancy staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Education or related field
- Experience in outdoor education and/or camp settings
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Knowledge of river ecosystems
This is a paid, non-exempt part time position with a starting wage of $12-$15 per hour, depending on qualifications. This position qualifies for paid holidays, 50 hours of annual leave per year, and participation in a SIMPLE IRA plan. While currently listed as a temporary position, DeVries Nature Conservancy is interested in retaining the right individual for a long-term commitment.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to: Kenneth Algozin, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: only electronic submissions will be accepted. This position will remain open until filled.
For more information on DeVries Nature Conservancy, visit www.devriesnature.org.