Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Science Assistant Educator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Assist educators teaching all academic courses. Topics may include, but are not limited to, forestry, wildlife, biology, geology, and water quality. Our primary audience is K-12 school groups
- Guide participants in outdoor inquiry based learning and activities
- Ensure participant safety at all times
- Work alongside educators to assess student learning
- Required to work some nights and weekends as schedule demands
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in field of natural resources, biology, education or related field is ideal, equivalent experience is also considered
- Experience working the field(s) of outdoor education, environmental education, general education, or natural resources management
- Current valid drivers license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage a group of students (30+ at a time)
- Organization skills, self motivation and interest in growth within Trees For Tomorrow
- Ability to walk 5 miles per day with a 10lb pack over rough terrain
- Ability to life 25 lbs overhead
- Ability to drive a 15-passenger van with a canoe trailer
- Willingness to learn and assist with outdoor skills such hiking, canoeing, XC skiing, snowshoeing, biking, fire building, etc.
- Willingness to interact with live program animals, and animal artifacts such as pelts, skulls, and other taxidermy.