Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Science Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, November 21, 2016, 5:00pm
- Educators are responsible for leading groups of 10-15 students outdoors for 3-5 day programs in a residential setting.
- Facilitate, using a student-centered approach, interactive, community- building environmental education activities for student groups.
- Use scientific inquiry and lead by example to demonstrate positive and responsible environmental literacy and behavior.
- Differentiate and tailor programs that meet the needs of each school group, incorporating teacher requests within our educational framework, program logistics, and student interests.
- Cultivate a culturally aware learning community using sensitivity to bring cultural relevance to program content and community relationships including students, teachers, and schools.
- Create and lead structured evening programs with student participants.
- Provide occasional on-call and evening support.
- Provide weekly, comprehensive assessments of student group learning to help evidence achievement of educational goals.
- Housing is provided as a condition of employment. By providing housing, NatureBridge can ensure that educators are available and accessible to provide support for program participants in emergency situations, and that educators can work odd hours and split shifts required during typical programs.
- Actively participate in staff community by attending meetings and trainings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply:
The deadline is November 21st, 2016 for applicants wishing to be considered for full-time environmental science educator positions beginning February 2016. Initial review of applications will begin October 23rd 2016 and continue until the positions are filled.
A complete application consists of the following:
- A letter of interest describing why you want to work for NatureBridge in Olympic
- Your current resume
- Contact information for three references
- When your application materials are ready please complete the application form online. http://www.naturebridge.org/environmental-science-educator-application-olympic
When your application materials are ready please complete the application form online. http://www.naturebridge.org/environmental-science-educator-application-olympic
Please contact Emily Volz, Education Manager, at 360.928.3720 x13 or email@example.com with questions.
Due to high volume of interest in this position, applicants will only be contacted if selected for an interview. No phone calls please.