Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa is looking to fulfill the position of Environmental Technician, within the Environmental Branch of the Natural Resource Department.
TITLE: Environmental Technician DEPARTMENT: Natural Resources
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation of Tribal Environmental programs and projects.
- Assist in field sampling of Environmental Branch programs: Air
- Conduct/assist in the development of resource assessments and inventories including:
- Maintain and develop related maps and databases for the Environmental Branch.
- Maintain accurate records of work activities, data, and information gathered for Environmental reporting requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of research methods and procedures for monitoring environmental components.
- Collect and organize data for monitoring Tribal Natural Resources
- Attend training conferences and meetings as appropriate to assigned responsibilities.
- Assist and develop outreach and education activities
- Assist in maintenance and repairs of department tools, equipment, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree with Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Broad knowledge of the physical and life sciences (e.g., land, soil, water)
- Ability to analyze data and communicate results in oral and written presentations.
- Physical ability to collect field data in all sorts of weather conditions.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be dependable, possess initiative, be self-motivated and work independently
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel required for training, conferences, and/or meetings.
- Supervised by the Environmental Branch Coordinator.
Annual Salary Range: $16 per hour
How to Apply:
Applications/forms are located at:
They are located under the About Us tab, Tribal Operations Positions.
All questions can be directed to the HR department, 641-484-4678