Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, August 14, 2016, 11:00pm
Website:Kentucky Non-Merit Candidate Portal
Classification Title: Executive Director, Kentucky Environmental Education Council
Education and Workforce Development Cabinet
Date Posted: July 27, 2016
Pay Grade/ Salary Range: Grade 00
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Agency Location: Kentucky Environmental Education Council
Temporary address: 500 Mero Street, Capital Plaza Tower, Room 1901, Frankfort, KY
Permanent address: 300 Sower Boulevard, Frankfort, KY
General Job Duties:
- Directs administrative and program operations for the Kentucky Environmental Education Council. Provides leadership in and direction for implementation of KRS 157.900-915 (view these statutes here: http://keec.ky.gov/AboutUs/Pages/History.aspx).
- Provides statewide leadership and planning for environmental education for the population of Kentucky through the cooperative efforts of educators, government agencies, businesses, and public interests. Coordinates and facilitates meetings of multiple statewide committees. Develops partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Fundraises for the agency. Directs and plans agency budget. Drafts and ensures compliance with agency contracts.
- Follows directives and implements guidance from a nine-member council appointed by the governor, which represents a balance of educational, environmental, and industrial interests.
- Provides general guidance through management regarding implementation, changes, and evaluation of program operations. Oversees the implementation of all agency programs and functions, including the Kentucky Green and Healthy Schools program, accreditation and implementation of the Kentucky Environmental Educator Certification program, the 5-year Environmental Education Master Plan, the Survey of Kentuckians’ Environmental Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviors, and the Kentucky Environmental Literacy Plan.
- Complies with all state statutes, regulations and policies.
- Oversees the implementation of all agency outreach, including special events, agency publications, websites, and social media accounts. Conducts public speaking engagements.
- Manages 1-2 staff members.
- Sufficient education and professional level experience which would assure the knowledge, skills and abilities to accomplish agency objectives.
- Master’s degree in education, environmental education, public administration, business, law or a related field.
- Demonstrated success in grant writing and budget management.
- Certified or Master Environmental Educator.
- Familiarity with the Kentucky Environmental Education Master Plan, the Kentucky Environmental Literacy Plan, the National Guidelines for Excellence in Environmental Education, and the Kentucky Academic Standards.
- Familiarity with Kentucky state government operations, policies, and procedures, and educational reform efforts in Kentucky.
- Experience working with a board of directors.
Overnight and out-of-state travel will be required. This position often requires working long hours. This is a non-merit, unclassified service position (See KRS 18A.115).
Upon appointment, employees in this class may be required to maintain a valid driver’s license and required to drive a licensed vehicle. This status may be necessary for the length of time in this class. If this is necessary it will be listed in the specific position description for that position. Applicants and employees in this job title may be required to submit to a drug screening test and background check. Applicants and employees in positions which perform job duties that may require contact with offenders in the custody or supervision of the Department of Corrections or with youth in the care, custody, or supervision of the Department of Juvenile Justice must meet qualifications pursuant to the federal Prison Rape Elimination Act, 28 C.F.R.115.17 and 115.317.
For additional information, please contact Beth Steinle, Director of Human Resources in the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet, at Beth.Steinle@ky.gov.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, AGE, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENETIC INFORMATION OR VETERAN STATUS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS ARE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST.
Description of Benefits:
Excellent benefits including health and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, holiday pay, retirement and optional deferred compensation plan.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references to the attention of Beth Steinle, via email to Beth.Steinle@ky.gov. Complete an application here: https://personnel.ky.gov/NonMeritCandidate/.
Deadline to apply is August 14, 2016.
Commensurate with experience