Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Montana Outdoor Science School (MOSS), Bozeman, Montana
The Montana Outdoor Science School (MOSS) is recruiting a new Executive Director. The position is full-time and is based in Bozeman, Montana
About MOSS In the 24 years since its founding, MOSS has grown into a highly respected organization that visits elementary and middle schools throughout Montana and offers year ‘round outdoor science courses that promote awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the natural world. MOSS also provides summer camps and participates in a variety of community-oriented festivals and other science education-related programs.
For more information about MOSS, please visit outdoorscience.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Raising funds necessary to meet MOSS’ annual budget, through grant writing, donor events and outreach, fund appeals, and other means.
- Overseeing MOSS programs, including school programs, summer camps, fundraisers, and festivals.
- Supervising a team of staff and instructors.
- Adhering to the elements of the strategic vision of the organization.
- Developing and overseeing communications and marketing.
- Serving as the organization’s primary spokesperson and being the “face” of the organization.
- Engaging in the administration, financial management, and day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Building and maintaining relationships with donors, volunteers, partners, the board of directors, and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated non-profit leadership experience.
- Strong track record in multiple facets of fundraising.
- Experience in financial management, including preparing and adhering to budgets.
- Passion for outdoor education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in staff supervision, volunteer management, and working with boards of directors.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and passionate leader with a commitment to and understanding of environmental education. The candidate will be able to operate independently and is self-motivated. The willingness to empower MOSS staff is important, and a genial and cooperative approach to management and maintaining an upbeat workplace is vital.
Candidates should submit a résumé and a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job description to MOSSDirectorSearch@gmail.com. No telephone calls, please.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a résumé and a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job description to MOSSDirectorSearch@gmail.com. No telephone calls, please