Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Experiential Education Facilitator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 27, 2020, 12:00am
Develop, facilitate, and debrief adventure based/experiential education curriculum including adventure course, low and high ropes course, environmental education, rock climbing, hiking, canoeing/kayaking and swimming, and restoration programming designed to help students develop critical 21st Century skills and an appreciation for the natural world.
- --Facilitate occasional unchaperoned groups and provide overnight supervision.
- --Design a sequence using PBC curriculum, create lesson plans, and develop new program activities appropriate to the participant population.
- --Remain current on the developmental needs of youth.
- --Ensure the safety of all participants at all times.
- --Correctly teach outdoor adventure, environmental education, and expedition specific skills to participants as per PBC expectation and protocols.
- --Lead occasional off-site day hiking trips, river trips, and rock-climbing adventures.
- --Work with university students to bring a college focus to our programs.
- --Assist with housekeeping and facility upkeep as needed.
- --Participate in job-related training and staff meetings.
- --Conduct a Survey Monkey outcomes survey with each group to help provide personal and organizational feedback.
- --Work collaboratively with internal and external individuals to ensure the successful functioning of the Blairstown Campus and PBC programs.
- --Demonstrate a professional demeanor which is reflective of the values and standards of PBC in all formal and informal contacts with the organization’s constituencies.
- --Perform other duties as assigned.
- --Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however experience in the field can be substituted.
- --Documented successful experience working with young adults, individually and in groups.
- --Experience participating in or leading low and high ropes courses, canoeing/kayaking/swimming, environmental education, rock climbing, or hiking trips.
- --Outstanding customer service skills, group facilitation skills, and logistical planning experience.
- --Wilderness First Responder certification preferred or willingness to complete when training offered at Blairstown Campus. First Aid, CPR, and AED certification required. EMT certification preferred.
- --ARC Lifeguard certification preferred or willingness to complete when training offered on Blairstown Campus. Lifeguard Trainer certification preferred.
- --ACCT I or II certification preferred or willingness to complete when training offered on Blairstown campus.
- --Valid driver’s license with at least one year of driving experience preferred.
- --Experience living or working with people from diverse cultures or backgrounds preferred.
- --Able to work well with a team of others and a co-leader on a one-to-one basis.
- --Able to work long hours, including evening and late-night programs, in high stress conditions.
- --Able to live and work in both outdoor places and urban spaces.
- --Able to lift and carry up to 40 plus pounds for extended periods at a time while backpacking.
- --Able to work in high places such as ropes courses and in trees.
- --Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a -variety of internal and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
- --Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example, and dedication to the mission of the Princeton-Blairstown Center.
A Wilderness First Responder class is offered from March 14-21st on the Blairstown Campus. The class is unpaid and would be free of charge to incoming staff, including tuition, room, and board. The certification is strongly preferred and is approximately an $800 value. If you are available and interested in this training, please let us know during the interview.
How to Apply:
Please have three (3) references submit an online reference form at: https://tinyurl.com/referenceformpbc.
People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
PBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff.
- Salary $475 per week (gross before taxes), with room and board (valued at approximately $300 per week) and training (valued at approximately $750).