Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Extension 4-H Camp Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 5:00pm
- Provide leadership for planning, implementing and evaluating the environmental education program and the summer camping program.
- Deliver educational programs for students and teachers in grades K-8 based on Tennessee science curriculum standards.
- Develop a strong working relationship with school systems throughout East and Central Tennessee.
- Recruit and train capable volunteers and teaching staff for the environmental education program and summer camping program.
- Maintain self-supported funding for the Camp Discover environmental education program.
- Develop and secure extramural funds, gifts, grants, contracts and other funding sources in support of programs.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan targeted to youth, educators, and stakeholders for the purpose of recruiting participants, securing monetary support and showcasing program outcomes.
- Recruit, train and supervise capable seasonal 4-H camp staff.
- Assist the state 4-H camping specialist with curriculum development and agent training.
- Responsible for maintaining American Camp Association accreditation.
- Maintain the Camp Discover and Clyde York 4-H Center Web sites.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the 4-H Center Manager and the Director, 4-H Youth Development.
- Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion or veteran status.