Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities and Exhibits Technician is responsible for day-to-day facilities and maintenance of the Museum, as well as meeting and event production (set-up & take down). This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Perform basic maintenance/repair of all buildings and grounds.
- Adhere to opening and closing security procedures.
- Execute program, event, and festival production, including set-up and teardown.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- Assure a safe site for children and families, staff and volunteers.
- Respond to site issues and requests in a timely manner.
- At least once a month, serve as designated Duty Officer to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
- Maintain flexibility of schedule to provide support for all site programs as well as for Facilities Department vacation and sick time coverage.
- Other duties as required or assigned by Facilities Manager or Senior Manager of Facilities.
- Skill and aptitude in carpentry, scenic painting, plumbing, mechanical/electrical devices, metal and plastics fabrication.
- Demonstrated experience with hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of and adherence to tool and shop safety.
- Creativity and orientation towards problem-solving.
- Ability to take initiative and troubleshoot in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Knowledge of good customer service principles
- Mature, friendly, flexible and service-oriented, good-humored, team player.
- Ability to operate forklift and drive flatbed truck.
Position Start Date:
Saturday, June 24, 2017
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should apply online at:
Please be prepared to provide both a resume and cover letter, which will be requested in two different steps of the application process.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.
Based on experience