Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Fall Coastal Environmental and Non-Profit Internship
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, July 20, 2017, 5:00pm
- Lead a variety of environmental education programs for the public. For a description of each program, please visit https://www.bhic.org/education;
- Conduct conservation-monitoring programs and respond to wildlife emergency calls. For a description of each program, please visit https://www.bhic.org/conservation/;
- Support the BHI Conservancy’s sea turtle protection program. For a description of the program, please visit https://www.bhic.org/sea-turtle-protection-program/;
- Assist with animal husbandry and the care and maintenance of animal enclosures and exhibits (terrestrial, freshwater, & saltwater), and classroom space;
- Assist with non-profit related duties such as assisting in the Turtle Central Gift Shop, Information Center, facilities maintenance, and the BHI Conservancy Office;
- Promote and practice stewardship of the Conservancy’s facilities, properties, and research equipment.
- Assist with special events activities including Turtle Trot 5k events, lectures, and hosting visiting overnight groups of all ages (ex: Students, Researchers and Scouts);
- Recent graduate from any accredited college or university, with majors in biology, marine biology, environmental science, education, or a related course of study.
- Excellent listening and communication skills. Good public speaking skills; comfortable speaking to diverse groups of people.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to be self-directed and work within a team environment.
- Ability to work in physically challenging environment including long periods exposed in extreme temperatures and field conditions while keeping an upbeat personality.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- CLEAN Background check is required before selection.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com.