Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Family Programs Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, July 14, 2017, 4:00pm
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, plan and assess innovative new outdoor nature study program for early learners and their caregivers highlighting the collections and grounds of NYBG in each season.
- Develop, plan, and assess educational programs for visiting families at the Adventure Garden, up to 200,000 family visitors annually.
- Develop and produce with Graphics Department and ECAG Exhibits staff supporting materials and changing displays for family programs.
- Research and identify materials and supplies for family programs.
- Collaborate with ECAG Staff to train adult and adolescent staff and volunteers to implement drop-in and registered programs for children and families.
- Collaborate with ECAG Staff to supervise teen Explainer Program.
- Manage appropriate budgets and monthly ledgers.
- Supervise educational facilities on weekends as scheduled and weekdays as necessary.
- Provide on-site instruction for the visiting public and school groups as needed, modeling best inquiry based teaching techniques for adult and adolescent staff and volunteers.
- Collaborate with ECAG team to curate and care for teaching collection of plants in Greenhouse.
How to Apply:
Upload resume and cover letter describing experiences relevant to the position:http://app.jobvite.com/m?3AcGLiw0