Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Field Crew Members
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, December 31, 2017, 5:00pm
AmeriCorps Field Crew Member AmeriCorps Field Crew Members (ages 18-25) receive on-the-job training to learn natural resources management skills and put those skills into practice completing habitat restoration projects throughout the Midwest. Crews complete natural resource conservation projects such as tree planting, exotic species management, trail construction, stream bank stabilization, prescribed burning, wildland firefighting and emergency response. Crew Members also get the chance to work alongside conservation professionals and explore career options within the environmental field.
- AmeriCorps service position (ages 18-25)
- Term dates: February 16 – December 15, 2018
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. typical.
- In some locations, hours vary significantly and overnight camping is often required 4-12 days at a time.
- Stipend: $1355/mo
- Education award: $5815 upon successful completion of term
- Northwest Minnesota: Brainerd, Bemidji, Fergus Falls
- Northeast Minnesota: Grand Rapids, Tower, Moose Lake, Gooseberry Falls State Park, Duluth
- Central Minnesota: St. Paul, Hanover, Shakopee, Andover, Jordan, Plymouth
- Southern Minnesota: Rochester, Mankato, Kilen Woods State Park (Windom), Camden State Park (Marshall)
- Iowa: Ames, Des Moines, Council Bluffs
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Positive attitude and interest in service and community work.
- Dedication to complete the full term of AmeriCorps service.
- 18-25 years old.
- Able to complete an arduous Work Capacity Test. The arduous level requires individuals to walk 3 miles in 45 minutes while carrying a 45-pound pack on level terrain.
- Able to perform the Essential Service Functions 40 hours/week
- Flexible schedule to accommodate week-long out of town assignments.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate up to 30 days of out of town emergency response.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Monthly stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of the term
- Health insurance
- Student loan forbearance during service term
- Skills training and job experience
- For more details and a complete list of qualifications and requirements, please visit our application page.
- conservationcorps.org/apply DEADLINE: December 31, 2017
- Contact Megan Zeiher, Recruitment Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-209-9900 x35
How to Apply:
See our website for our online application