Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Field Instructor (Fall 2020 & Spring 2021)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 28, 2020, 11:45pm
Website:Cal-Wood Education Center
Cal-Wood Education Center is seeking energetic, flexible, hard-working, and motivated applicants for an exciting and rewarding field instructor position. Instructors are responsible for providing a fun and educational experience for a learning group made up of 10-15 students during each school’s visit. Typical programs are three-day / two-night programs with 4th – 6th graders. Our field instructors enjoy working in our 1,200-acre outdoor classroom with a team of other motivated individuals passionate about the outdoors, natural science, and education. We provide access to dynamic, hands-on science education in the field to students from all different backgrounds.
- Lead a learning group made up of 10-15 students during each school’s visit. Typical programs are three-day / two-night programs with 4th – 6th graders.
- Design, teach, and evaluate education programs in accordance with local curriculum standards.
- Incorporate science, math, history, creative writing, art and teambuilding into each program as requested by school.
- Work two meals and one night program (typically a night hike or campfire) each week. Note: Instructors are not asked to work overnight.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- High level of personal motivation for continued learning, personal responsibility for individual projects, and flexibility are necessary to meet the demands of a dynamic residential work schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, natural resource management, education, outdoor education, or other related field), as well as two years experience in education.
- Work and live with a team of other motivated and passionate staff to support operations of a small non-profit organization.
- Ability to pass background checks.
- Ability to hike 1-4 miles daily, lift heavy objects, and maintain a positive attitude outdoors in all weather conditions.
- First Aid/CPR knowledge or willingness to get certified required. Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certifications a plus.
- Spanish ability is highly desired, but not mandatory.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 3, 2020
How to Apply:
Full-time instructors: $2,135/month, housing, and meals during programs.
After 90 days, employees qualify for medical and dental benefits.
(303) 449-0603 x. 1