Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Food Services Assistant
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
No food service experience required, but is preferred. Must be able to meet the following:
- Maintain cleanliness and functionality of food service facilities and equipment.
- Able to communicate respectfully.
- Capable of receiving direction and feedback from Supervisors.
- Interest in organic and slow food movement.
- Recycling, composting and waste handling.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks with exemplary time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to comply with a smoke- and drug-free work environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally and walk over uneven terrain.
- Criminal history disclosure form and background check.
- Washington State food handler’s permit.
- Ability to interact with a diverse clientele including school children.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record check must have no more than one moving violation in the past three years, no DUI, reckless driving, or serious moving violations.
- Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and a driving history check.
FOOD SERVICE AND PREPARATION
- Will be required to do light prep work and restocking of buffet line.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef or Sous Chef.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANLINESS
- Maintains exemplary standards of cleanliness in the dining hall, kitchen and walk-in.
- Assists in ware-washing program and hospitality.
- Actively participates in recycling program, composting, use of green materials and local products as related to food service.
- Participates in strategic planning, special events, and other duties as assigned by the Learning Center Director.
This is a full-time, seasonal/temporary, non-exempt position. Season will run from June 12 to mid-September 2017. Wages are $11.00 to $12.50 per hour, DOE. Benefits include sick leave and holiday pay. End of season bonus may be available upon completion of season in conjunction with a demonstrated positive work performance.
Position will remain open until filled.
June 12, 2017
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a high priority at North Cascades Institute. The Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, age, citizenship or any other basis prohibited by law in any of its policies or programs. North Cascades Institute is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
ABOUT NORTH CASCADES INSTITUTE
The Institute’s mission is to inspire and empower environmental stewardship for all through transformative educational experiences in nature. Since 1986 we have helped connect people, nature and community through science, art, literature and the hands-on study of natural and cultural history. Our goal is to help people of all ages and backgrounds experience and enjoy the mountains, rivers, forests, people and wildlife of the Pacific Northwest – so all will care for and protect this special place. The Institute is committed to innovation and excellence in environmental learning and leadership in the nonprofit community. We believe that sustainable communities are built on healthy environments, vibrant economies and social equity.
North Cascades Institute, www.ncascades.org, is a respected, national leader among U.S. environmental education organizations. The Institute is in sound financial health with a $3 million budget and strong reserves, and more than a decade of Four-Star ratings with Charity Navigator. The Institute was also voted “Best Place to Work” in the 2013 Bellingham Alive – Best in the Northwest annual readers’ poll. This is a wonderful opportunity to join North Cascades Institute at a time of exciting growth.
How to Apply:
Please apply online on our website: http://ncascades.atsondemand.com/
Complete the online application and upload a resume and cover letter pertinent to this position.