Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Forest Preschool Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 5:45pm
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with morning preparation, afternoon clean-up, and daily logistics.
- Assist with social mentoring throughout the day.
- Support child-centered play and learning by paying careful attention to each child’s natural curiosity and interests.
- Assist with planning and implementation of curriculum
- Follow NBNC safety protocols and conduct seasonal site assessments
- Draft and edit student narratives
- Tell oral stories
- Build fires
- Participate in weekly debrief
- Assist with parent teacher conferences
- Assist with writing newsletter, blog posts, grant applications, and media outreach.
- BA in Early Childhood Education or VT Early Childhood Career Ladder Level 4 Certificate
- At least 12 months experience teaching in a preschool setting
- Background or course work related to Forest School and Nature Preschool philosophy
- Documented experience in risk assessment
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Experience storytelling and singing as part of a daily teaching routine
- Able to demonstrate safety protocols with tool use and fire making skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
How to Apply:
Send a letter of interest, a resume and two references by January 31 to:
Amy Butler - Director of Education
713 Elm Street
Montpelier, VT. 05602