Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Forestry Education Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, September 18, 2022, 11:30pm
The Forest Education Specialist directs and leads Project Learning Tree (PLT). The program writes and produces educational materials on forest management for the state forest system as well the private lands group. This role requires Insightful understanding of conservation values, forest management concepts, and interpretation. An essential component of the position is to make materials that can be easily understood by schools, the public, and private landowners.
The essential functions of this role are:
- You will collect technical forest resource data on state managed lands, private property, and/or urban areas.
- You will analyze resource data an develops plans including inventory summaries, resource management guides, and practice plans for invasive control, timber stand improvement, tree planting, and prescribed burns.
- You will Administer and implement forestry practices and programs which may involve federal, state, and local agencies and private individuals/ businesses.
- You will establish and maintain public relations with landowners, communities, organizations, wood-using industries and the public.
- You will conduct educational programs and develop educational materials for public and staff.
- You will provide specialized guidance and coordination in area of expertise, making recommendations to division heads for program objectives.
- You may supervise intermittent employees and/or volunteers when needed.