Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
▪ Lead and manage organic garden planning, propagation efforts and greenhouse work, crop planting and rotation, soil fertility, composting, pruning, irrigation, and pest and disease management.
▪ Collaborate closely with MEarth educators, other staff and purchasing partners to ensure a level of production that provides ample produce for student programming (curriculum needs and lesson plans), specialized growing contracts and special events.
▪ Deliver produce to restaurant and other clients as contracts or other needs dictate.
▪ Ensure that garden facilities and equipment are in safe and reliable working order (i.e. tool
shed, greenhouse, irrigation system, hand tools, etc.).
▪ Train and manage all volunteers, interns and contractors working in the garden; ensure an
engaging and rewarding experience for volunteers.
▪ Maintain a regular record of garden work, harvest yields and planting rotations.
▪ Develop and manage the garden/property budget; determine budgetary needs, prepare
applicable documentation for approval.
▪ Work with the keen aesthetic of the program in mind, keeping the garden in a presentable
state for our numerous tours and community visitors (including updating of appropriate
▪ Represent MEarth to the wider community, including public speaking, attendance and/or
participation in meetings and conferences.
▪ Participate fully in MEarth events and community outreach.
Required Education and Experience:
▪ Educational Requirement: B.A. or B.S in related field or commensurate work experience.
▪ Experience Required: Minimum two years of work experience managing a production
garden, farm or educational garden.
▪ Significant experience and success with managing and training volunteers and interns.
▪ Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with youth, peers, volunteers, interns, etc.
in a wide range of situations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
▪ Demonstrated skill and expertise in accomplishing work-related tasks – with accuracy, precision, completeness, neatness, and quantity.
▪ Demonstrated knowledge in accomplishing work-related responsibilities, including methods, materials, tools, equipment, and fundamental subject matter.
▪ Effective and efficient work habits including organization of work, punctuality and dependability, industry, and good practices of both vehicle and personal safety.
▪ Has worked collaboratively in a team setting, as well as worked independently.
▪ Established and maintained friendly, cooperative, and effective working relationships with
all persons contacted in the course of work.
▪ Demonstrated a positive attitude and enthusiasm for work, willingness to conform to job
requirements, and ability to adapt to change.
▪ Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
▪ Demonstrated good judgment, promptness of action, and sound decision making.
▪ Computer skills using both Windows and Mac preferred.
▪ High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software.
How to Apply:
Please follow the link below to apply. No phone calls please.