Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Girl Scout Overnight Leader
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 11:45pm
The Park and Recreation Specialist – Girl Scout Overnight (GSO) Leader works the assigned weekends of the GSO schedule that begins in late November and ends in May of each year. There are 7 overnights scheduled from Jan – May 2017 year as shown below:
January 13 - 14 SURVIVOR GIRLS!
January 27 - 28 SURVIVOR GIRLS!
March 10 -11 GET MOVING! Journey
March 24 - 25 WOW! Wonders of Water Journey
April 7 - 8 WOW! Wonders of Water Journey
April 28 - 29 Between Earth and Sky Journey
May 12 - 13 Between Earth and Sky Journey
There are 13 - 17 hours worked during a GSO weekend starting on Friday late afternoon and ending on Saturday afternoon (approximately 4:00 - 10:30pm on Fridays and 7:30am - 5:00pm on Saturdays). Additional weekday and weekend hours may be available for program preparation or assistance at special events.
This is a part-time position with a salary of $12.00 per hour. Enrollment in City Retirement System; NO BENEFITS.
*At least one year of college with classes in the natural sciences, education or related areas is required. Completion of a degree in one of these studies is preferred.
*Previous experience working with children is required.
*CPR and First Aid Certification is required.
*Understanding of the applications of the Girl Scout program, philosophy, and policies (may be acquired upon employment) is preferred.
* MUST BE AVAILABLE DURING THE HOURS AND ALL 7 WEEKENDS LISTED ABOVE.
* Basic knowledge of local nature and ecology and ability to communicate well with children. Must be willing to handle a variety of live animals including insects and snakes.
* Ability to work outdoors and maintain physical condition necessary for: sitting, standing, climbing, walking for prolonged periods of time; occasional light or moderate lifting and carrying required; occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.; able to hear sounds in low and high frequencies; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to distinguish colors, and the ability to adjust focus; must speak clearly and audibly.
* Must be 18 years old, a high school graduate, and pass criminal police background checks.
* Must have a valid driver’s license; provide own transportation. Wear an official uniform.
How to Apply:
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/27 AT: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cincinnati/
Position title: Parks and Rec. Specialist (Girl Scout Overnight Leader)
For more information, contact:
Erin Morris, Assistant Manager of Explore Nature!
Cincinnati Park Board
Phone: 513-321-6070 Fax: 513-321-6218
The City of Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer.