Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, December 18, 2017, 12:00pm
The Coordinator will provide overall strategic leadership to the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail (Trail) including:
- Working with partners, site managers, tourism groups and wildlife viewing stakeholders to deliver a high-quality experience to Trail users;
- Engaging the Technical Assistance Group to obtain input for materials development and promotion methods
- Leveraging partnerships to increase support for Trail
- Managing the Trail’s physical infrastructure (wayfinding signs), support materials (guides) and communication tools (website and social media).
- Coordinate outreach and promotion of the Trail to increase the number and diversity of Trail users.
- Oversee the evaluation of the Trail and its products to assure user satisfaction.
- Monitor trends and developments in wildlife viewing programs to improve and expand wildlife viewing in Florida.
- Actively participate in the National Wildlife Viewing and Nature Tourism Working Group.
- Promote Wildlife Viewing programs and FWC at outreach events
- Represent the agency and Office of Public Access Services on appropriate committees.
- Develop operational work plans and prepare required program reports.
- Prepare and monitor program budget.
- Respond to customer requests for information as needed.
- Attend staff meetings, prepare required forms, participate in professional development courses, complete timesheets in a timely and thorough manner, respond to telephone and mail inquiries.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
All applications must be made via the State of Florida People First system. Apply at https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-FISHERIES-&-WILDLIFE-BIO-SCIENTIST-III-77001068-FL-32399/...