Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Green Building Specialist (Management Analyst II)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 15, 2019, 5:00pm
The City of Tacoma is recruiting for the position of Green Building Specialist in our Appointive classification of Management Analyst II. This position plays a key role in developing and implementing green building policies, programs, and projects throughout Tacoma using a coaching approach. This position will be part of the Office of Environmental Policy and Sustainability (OEPS) but will be embedded in the Planning and Development Services (PDS) permit office. If you are interested in making a real difference for the Tacoma community and environment, this new Green Building Specialist position is designed to help encourage more beautiful, healthy and sustainable development.
Goals of the position include increasing the number of green buildings and reducing construction waste throughout the City. This requires working internally as well as with the building community to identify, implement and track cost effective green building strategies.
This will be achieved through the following:
- Providing coaching / support for project clients in addressing permit requirements that may involve multiple City departments
- Stakeholder engagement, outreach, and regional collaboration that contributes to relevant program and code development, and
- Involvement in inter-departmental, cross functional team to evaluate best practices, and recommend policies that support green building within the City of Tacoma.
Work products include reports, presentations, educational materials and policy and program recommendations to managers, directors and council members.
Our ideal candidate enjoys working in a team environment and possesses great communication, planning, project management and analytical skills and a professional and courteous attitude.
If the below list of personal traits sounds like you, then you are just the person we are searching for to join our team!
- Outgoing, positive personality who enjoys working with a diverse group of co-workers and external partners,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially strong in coaching and providing assistance and guidance,
- Strong personal motivation and drive – an energetic and committed self-starter,
- System thinker who embraces innovation
- Interest and curiosity in a wide array of technical job duties and attention to details,
- Excellent attendance and personal accountability.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must complete the online application and attach a detailed resume and cover letter that includes major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position. The online application system requires you to enter a substantial amount of information. Be prepared to spend a minimum of one hour entering the required information.
$69,992.00 - $89,731.20 Annually