Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Green Teens Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, June 30, 2016, 5:00pm
Implement middle and high school aged youth after-school environmental education sessions which include but are not limited to:
- Planning, leading, and documenting activities
- Preparing, organizing, and maintaining materials
- Creatively integrating technology
- Coordinating and leading field trips
- Organizing and leading service projects
- Collaborating with after-school staff and city-wide organizations
- Retaining current participants and continually recruiting additional students
Must be well-organized, literate in Microsoft Office software and other forms of technology, able to multi-task, work independently, lift 30 lbs. and carry multiple supplies on a daily basis.
- Experience teaching middle and high school youth
- Interest in issues regarding service learning, environmental awareness, outdoor education, water quality, solid waste, gardening, or other environmental topics is required
- Working towards a degree in education, environmental studies, conservation, ecology, or general science strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish with children and adults strongly preferred
- Flexible and able to work independently and in team settings
- Must have own reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a school background check
Times, Days, and Term of Employment: 20 hours per week primarily late afternoon between the hours of 3pm and 6:30pm with some office time required. Monday through Thursday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Start date: August 1, 2016 | End Date: June 15, 2017.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 1, 2016
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application www.surveymonkey.com/s/6SHCJ7W (required) and send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include P/T Green Teens Educator in the subject line. No phone calls, please! Deadline Friday, June 30, 2016 at 5pm – late submissions will not be considered. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. Interviews will likely be conducted in early-mid July with the position to begin in early August.
$15-$18/hr depending on experience for up to 20 hours per week. As a part-time position, health, dental and retirement benefits are not provided. Keep Austin Beautiful does provide a progressive work environment, as well as mileage and cell phone reimbursement.