Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Group Leader, Senior Camp Staff Member
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 30, 2021, 5:00pm
Watershed Nature Camp is located in Pennington, New Jersey and is a nature-based day-camp operating on over 950 acres of preserved forests, meadows, and streams. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the outdoors and want to share that passion with others!
As Group Leader you will work with, and supervise 2 other junior camp staff members and volunteers. Your main responsibilities are to lead activities and lessons on nature-based programming with the support of your counselors and volunteers. Staff teams are expected to work collaboratively to share many of the responsibilites listed below.
- Maintains the health and safety of all campers under their charge
- Leads and oversees a team of 1-2 counselors
- Supervises between 10-15 campers with support of their staff team.
- Upholds Camp policies and procedures
- Develops and coordinates each week of summer programming with staff team that aligns with Watershed Nature Camp’s themes, mandatory activities, and goals
- Lead and participate in day-day camp activities with support of staff team
- Provide excellent customer service to families and guardians during check-in, check-out, and other face-face interactions
- Perform administrative duties such as taking attendance, reporting injuries and incidents, and completing weekly reports
- Must be 18 or older by June 29, 2021
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification required by June 29, 2021 (we can provide training)
- Lifeguarding, Wilderness First Aid, and water safety certifications preferred
- Experience working with children in an outdoor setting, or comparable experience working with children in indoor settings
- Knowledge and/or passion in environmental topics/natural history (birds, geology, plants, mammals, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for nature, the environment, and working with children
- Demonstrated abilities in communication, collaboration, and cooperation
- Ability to keep a calm demeanor during an emergency
- Adaptability to changing sometimes rapidly situations
- Ability to work outside most of the day during hot, humid, New Jersey summer weather
- Ability to walk for at least 2-4 miles daily on uneven terrain
- Eight-week camp FULL time: Weekdays 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. , June 28 – August 20. There will be a mid-summer break August 2nd-6th where you will either have significantly reduced hours or no hours. You will work with campers aged 6-7, 8-9, 10-12, or 13-15.
- Eight-week camp PART-time: Weekdays 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. , June 28 – August 20. You will work with campers aged 5.
- Five-week camp FULL time: Weekdays 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., June 28- July 9, July 19-23, August 2-6, and August 16- 20. You will work with campers aged 6-7, or 8-9.
Position Start Date:
Monday, June 14, 2021
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, a brief employment application must also be completed to finish your application. Employment applications will be sent once a resume and cover letter is received.
Please visit our website for more information on our camp and to review our current safety policies thewatershed.org/camp
Salary for Full-time starts at $4,740 and for Part-time $3,090. Salary is dependent on age-group worked with/hours completed during the summer
- Bi-weekly pay
- Meals provided during extended programming (overnights and cookouts)
- Paid 2-week training
- Reimbursement for first aid, CPR and other training