Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Head of Field Education
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Lead the development and implementation of high quality, immersive field-based outdoor learning experiences for participants of all ages in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem grounded in place, science, and community leadership. Build and lead a high functioning administrative and educational teams of Field Education directors, faculty, administrators, educators, and AmeriCorps members. Responsible for the financial performance of Field Education through budget oversight/review and forecasting.
• Demonstrated experience hiring, training, supervising and evaluating field teaching staff and administrative staff
• Demonstrated experience evolving program design in alignment with feedback, budget, and strategic plan.
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage an almost six million dollar budget aligning educational and financial goals.
• Able to contribute on organizational policy and decision making and represent Field Education in TSS operational and strategic decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to build long-term department vision aligned with larger organizational goals.
• 5-7 years of previous experience as an administrative leader. An additional 3-5 years of experience teaching in the field
• Strong background managing organizational partnerships.
• WFR certification required.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
• Stretches of time outdoors in all weather, including extreme temperatures and arid conditions
• May be expected to work evenings, weekends to support special programs/events
• Carry a backpack of 20+ lbs for 8 hours a day
• Ability to drive a 15 passenger van or mini-bus
30% Field Education Strategy and Execution
• Develop and manage the annual operating plan and multi-year planning on behalf of all Field Education program offerings
• Responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of the Field Education department
• Partner with Chief Academic Officer and head of program peers to plan and implement program area strategy and achieve established goals
• Lead the implementation and evaluation of scalable operational and programmatic systems (ie: calendar utilization, logistics, staff training, etc.)
• Responsible for integration of Field Education curriculum to achieve exceptional student outcomes
• Ensure regular assessment and evolution of program content and systems to insure quality and efficiency.
30% Team Leadership
• Supervise the Field Education Directors and lead the Field Education team to achieve programmatic outcomes and strong financial performance across three residential campuses.
• Accountable for team's annual staff training to assure that all programming adheres to TSS operating guidelines, academic pillars, and risk management policies and best practices
• Accountable for the effective communication and collaboration between Field Educations and all shared services/Central Admin departments (Development, Finance, Property Management, etc.) and other program areas of TSS.
• Accountable for the hiring, training and supervision of qualified administrative and field staff
30% Financial Oversight
• Manage and build the Field Education budget
• Accountable for the programmatic and financial outcomes of Field Education
• Partner with CFO and other cross-departmental stakeholders to develop cost-efficiencies and financial value-add on behalf of Field Education
10% One TSS Responsibilities
• Contribute towards the vision, strategy, and operational execution of TSS' mission of transformative place-based education.
• Represent Teton Science Schools to appropriate community, regional, and national events and groups.
• Participate in cross departmental Working Groups to achieve TSS' operational and educational strategies.
• Periodically carry the program on-call phone.
• Contribute to inclusive work and learning environments through continually developing cultural competency. Cultural Competence is one’s ability to interact effectively across various dimensions of diversity. It lies at the intersection of awareness of others, self-awareness, and applying skills & knowledge to promote inclusion and equity
This job description is not meant to state or imply that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager in compliance with federal and state laws.