Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Health Care Professional
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 8:45am
Nature's Classroom New England is looking for Registered Nurses for our Spring 2022 season.
APPLY NOW if you're interested in working with kids, being outside, exploring New England, and living with a fantastic team of Outdoor Educators.
- As a nurse at Nature’s Classroom, you would be responsible for providing care to elementary and middle school students who will be staying on our property for multi-day programs.
- Provide healthcare to meet the individual needs of students.
- Provide treatment and follow-up based on each medical situation and refer students to a local doctor, hospital, or ambulance services if necessary.
- Follow health care policies/procedures as described in the Healthcare Manual and within the guidelines of the Standing Orders provided by a local doctor.
- Create a MAR for each school and distribute medications as prescribed. Scheduled med passes are 4 times daily (before each meal and before bed) and between those times when necessary.
- Coordinate with the Nature’s Classroom teaching staff, several times each day, to ensure that emergency medications (i.e. EpiPens and rescue inhalers) are with the proper staff for each activity.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Contact school nurses or student’s families to address any questions about medications, medical history, or allergies.
- Inventory supplies and order necessary medical materials equipment as needed
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered regarding medical services at Nature’s Classroom
- Stay on site and be “on-call” at all times while students are on the property (M-F)
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and three professional references (name, email, phone number) to Trish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary - Base salary is $1,250 per week
Accommodations - Seasonal housing will be provided
Meals are provided on-site during the week and a staff food budget will be provided on weekends