Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Human Resources Assistant
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Job Status: Regular Full-Time, Year Round, Exempt
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Human Resources and Administrative Director
At Keystone Science School we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking through the lens of science changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment. The employees of Keystone Science School collectively work for the mission, and truly live the Vision and Values.
Keystone Science School (KSS) offers competitive health and welfare benefits, and employee housing (based on the position offered). Our campus is located at 9,200 feet on the site of Old Keystone Village in Keystone, Colorado. Our historic 23-acre campus serves as the ultimate outdoor laboratory and is the home base for our diverse suite of programs. Our facilities include modern log-style dormitories, a central dining hall, an outdoor amphitheater, a state-of-the-art observatory and geothermal field. Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Overview and Job Summary:
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support to the Human Resources and Administrative Director. At KSS, we have both year-round employees and seasonal staff. With that comes a large amount of employee recruitment, training, onboarding, and off-boarding. The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for overseeing these processes as well as ensuring KSS has the best possible opportunity to find excellent employees for the organization. This position ensures an efficient Human Resources environment by overseeing all recruitment and hiring efforts, in addition to general Human Resource and payroll-related tasks. The most successful candidate will be adept at managing high volumes of data confidentially and applying excellent interpersonal skills to a broad audience. Three key strengths we seek in the ideal candidate are:
- Impeccable and efficient attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- A strong understanding of Human Resources principles and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Main areas of focus in this position are:
- 60% Employee Recruitment
- 20% General Human Resources Support
- 20% Payroll Support Recruitment:
Recruitment and General Human Resources Support:
Support hiring managers with applicant management in recruitment process;
- Assist with recruiting strategy;
- Continue to develop and expand opportunities for marketing open positions;
- Prepare job postings to various recruiting resources;
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude towards KSS’s mission, vision and core values;
- Coordinate annual review process with program directors for all year round full-time employees;
- Maintain employee records in an electronic format and in accordance with applicable laws;
- On-board new employees including collecting all necessary paperwork and running background checks;
- Develop and test a process for data entry and reconciliation with our Human Resources Information System;
- Address and manage Unemployment and Workers Compensation claims;
- Track and manage required employee certifications to ensure standards are met;
- Conduct off-board process when employees terminate and work with hiring manager/program director to assist in re-hire strategy and process; Oversee and continually manage and expand employee discount programs;
- Create employment term agreements for new seasonal and year round employees;
- Assist Human Resources and Administrative Director with annual Employee Handbook updates, and other formal documents;
- Assist with any external Human Resources audits;
- Maintain Human Resources Desk Reference with organizational and departmental updates;
- Develop and implement staff appreciation events and efforts;
- Support special projects as necessary.
- Gather, manage, and enter new hire information and documentation for entry in QuickBooks, HRIS system, and electronic personnel file;
- Process and complete bi-weekly payroll paperwork to ensure all employee updates and changes are correctly entered;
- Process all payroll paperwork after payroll is complete in accordance with applicable laws and internal policies;
- Other duties as assigned.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice are below. The candidate must possess:
- An attention to detail specific to writing reports, professional correspondence, and procedure manuals as well as inputting payroll data to ensure employees are paid accordingly and timely;
- A strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
- The motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
- The ability to multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Strong communication skills in both writing and organization;
- The ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- The ability and desire to work in a busy environment with many distractions;
- A level of professionalism to maintain the integrity of confidential information included in hiring processes, payroll, and other human resources-related issues or projects.
In addition to the above required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
- Computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), HRIS systems, and QuickBooks;
- Comprehension of the Spanish language via written and/or verbal form.
Our travel expectations:
No travel requirements.
Housing is not offered for this position.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university;
- Minimum one to two years of experience in the Human Resource environment;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment;
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Want to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now!
Please submit the Employment Application found on the Keystone Science School Employment Page. In your cover letter, please include desired salary, and attach resume. Materials will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls, please.