Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Illinois RiverWatch Biologist
Join The National Great Rivers Research & Education Center's team of scientists and educators as the RiverWatch Biologist.
Location of Position: The RiverWatch Biologist will work out of The National Great Rivers Research & Education Center's (NGRREC) East Alton, Illinois field station as part of Lewis and Clark Community College.
Purpose of Position: The RiverWatch Biologist works under the direction of the Director of Environmental Education and Citizen Science, coordinating the Illinois RiverWatch program by training Citizen Scientists to sample and analyze stream and river water; collecting stream data from the field and analyzing these data along with data collected by the citizen scientists; and by assisting in executing the environmental education programming at NGRREC.
Minimum Training and Experience Required: (for full list, see complete job posting - https://jobs.lc.edu/postings/1172)
- MS in the field of natural resources or other related fields required.
- Familiarity with concepts associated with streams and watersheds, water quality standards, sampling procedures, and aquatic macroinvertebrates.
- Proficiency developing and using relational database software such as Microsoft Access and MySQL.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis for scientific reporting
- Familiarity with ArcMap geospatial analysis procedures
- Experience in community-based outreach education with one to three years teaching in formal or non-formal environment is highly desired. Experience with a broad range of ages desirable.
Closing Date: Open until filled. Looking to fill this position with the right candidate ASAP.