Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Inclusiveness Assistant and NKJN Community Liaison
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 11:45pm
Areas of Responsibility
The Inclusiveness Assistant and NKJN Community Liaison supports Thorne’s Curriculum and Inclusiveness Manager in the implementation of Thorne’s Inclusiveness Plan and Latino Family Engagement Plan (50%) and assists with marketing and outreach for NKJN and removing barriers to participation for NKJN for underserved Lafayette youth and their families (50%).
Inclusiveness Assistant (50% time):
- Attend events of community organizations in Boulder and Longmont that serve Latino families to promote Thorne programs.
- Attend family events and parent classes at schools where Thorne offers programming in Boulder and Longmont to promote Thorne programs.
- Assist Latino families in registering for Thorne programs.
- Lead 2 Latino family events per semester for Boulder and Longmont Nature Immersion Schools.
- Maintain relationships with other Latino-serving organizations and Latino leaders and professionals in Boulder County.
NKJN Community Liaison (50% time):
- Assist with recruitment for NKJN summer and after school opportunities.
- Assist with recruiting and leading nature and outdoor recreation themed events for youth and families.
- Assist with recruiting and leading NKJN’s Promotores Volunteer program.
- Assist with recruiting and leading NKJN’s Youth Advisory Board.
- Exceptional understanding of the network of community organizations and resources that serve the Latino community of Boulder County.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with leaders at local Latino organizations, teachers and administrators at schools participating in Thorne programs, and Latino community members.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with parents of Thorne’s Latino students.
- High level of engagement of Latino youth in Thorne After School and Summer Camp scholarship programs.
- High level of engagement of families in Thorne-sponsored Latino Family events
NKJN Community Liaison:
- High level of participation of youth and families in all NKJN programming.
- Exceptional understanding of the Lafayette Latino community’s needs and desire around outdoor recreation and environmental education programming.
- Ability to help remove barriers for youth and families interested in becoming participants of NKJN programming.
- High level of engagement of parents in NKJN’s Promotores Volunteer Program.
Must be 18 or older Background check and fingerprints submitted and cleared by the Colorado Department of Human Services (Thorne helps and pays for this) Bachelor’s degree or two year’s work experience
How to Apply:
Please no phone inquiries. Additional information available at www.thornenature.org. Questions regarding the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be responded to within 2 business days. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by May 17, 2017.
- $26,000+ Annual Bonus
- Health and Dental
- 403B w/ Employer Match for Retirement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays)